Friday, September 10, 2010

Metamorphosis


Metamorphosis from Craig Yamamoto on Vimeo.

I had a lot of fun creating this video. The process itself is meant to be painful, although if you take it step be step and if you utilize a good work flow, the difficulty goes down significantly, however this did not mean the project wasn't challenging and in need of future improvement. One thing that I found difficult was trying to come up with different metamorphic stages; this was the point of the assignment that made me begin to question my creativity, considering the parameters of this project involve an animation that is derived from the very previous and unplanned frame. what I have learned about myself is that I tend to think more objectively, not that that is a bad thing but a lot of creative works often times come from abstract ideas. On the plus side what I began to learn was that creativity comes second to being able to articulate movement both properly and gracefully. Not that I have done this well either but I'd like to think thats what I was attempting to do as I kept focusing on specific elements for long periods of time when I was making this animation.

Well here is my first official video, Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment